Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Photo of the Week - Fire Special

Fire Damage - Arlington Great Meadows

So I usually only include a single image for my photo of the week, but this week is a little different. A massive fire ripped through the Lexington section of Arlington Great Meadows which is one of my favorite spots to run the dog and look for birds - and it was featured in last week's photo. The fire was last Friday and I had just been over there with Marley on Wednesday - crazy. I'd heard about fires in there in the past, but they were all so small that I had never even seen any evidence. This was much different. Judy, Marley, and I scoped it out on Monday after the marathon and the smell of smoke was still very prevelant and the landscape was completely altered. No big trees were taken, but much of the undergrowth was charred. You can check out more about the fire here.

Before (April 15) and after (April 20):

A couple more images of the from the scene:




No comments:

Post a Comment